AlgoMantra, b. 2005

1/f)))$VediCrystalpunk | CryptoTantrika > ./Swaha!!
OrganicPoetry
AlgoKreeda
AlgoYatra
Recent Posts
Archives
Contributors

Design : The Nimble Nimbus
Participants

Powered by Blogger Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com

Commercial Break
Monday, July 30, 2007
The Cellphabet: What next?
On Saturday we did the first public exhibit of Cellphabet 1.0 in Kala Ghoda, Mumbai. I walked for several hours and did three walking assignments -

1. Pratyush of Zee News whispered the word 'GOTCHA' in my ear. The walk worked fine for G and O, but then the tower signals got scrambled and GORG appeared from nowhere. I could only go next to a letter whose code began with '-'(minus) - so I asked Pratyush if I could walk Z, which went fine. So the assignment was only about 40% successful.

2. Next Abhay Sardesai of Art India asked me a question:"Where do the streets lead?" To this I wanted to respond by walking "MOON" but fearing that Gabriel (who was receiving the 'signals' by SMS) could get confused by the double 'O's, I decided to write 'MONEY'. MONE went fine and I got a freak 'L' instead of Y, which I did again. I'd say this is where I came closest to spelling my first word correctly in English.

3. I was too tired by this time, but the last question was asked by Jana of Time Out - "What is money". I wanted to write ART, but I gave up when AY appeared.

Officially my walk began at 2PM and concluded at about 7PM, but I had been walking to test the phone's software and cell tower signals since 11AM that day - so no wonder that my feet are still recovering. While I do that, you can head over to some of the pictures we took that day. I'll be uploading the source code on the PyS60 Applications wiki, the hall of fame.

Update:
The Cellphabet Wiki
is now online. You can also download the Python for S60 source code there.

Previously:
1. The Cellphabet announcement
2. The Cellphabet Explained
0 Comments: Post a Comment